Saturday, September 25, 2010

Why I am going to do it, and SUCCEED

Today I babysat my two nephews. I have 5 in all and every moment I spend with them is full of giggles, never ending energy, trips to the park, the zoo, craft projects, school work. They are brutally honest, and clearly innocent in all they say and do. And I want to be able to hold my own right up there with them. I am so enamored with these 5 little wonders on wheels. I have held them as babies, rocked them to sleep, fed and changed all of their diapers. I have made them laugh, and disciplined them when they got out of hand. My goal has been to be the best Aunt I can be to these little guys, and to be the best, I have to be healthy. I have to be able to sit, stand, kneel, walk, talk and race them in order to keep up.

And that is why I will do it, and will SUCCEED. I don't want to be knonwn as the fat aunt who can't move. I want to go on every hay ride, every roller coaster ride, every dinosaur archaelogical dig. I want them to know I will show up to their soccer games and stay until the game if over.

And the only way I can do this is to get rid of the excuses. My size has been my excuse for too long. My size affects my energy levels, my ability to move, move up, down, take a simple walk to the park, cook dinner, all of it. I want the total package.

I can't change it all over night. I have to take it one step at a time, but I also have to challenge myself to do things that I may not quite feel comfortable doing. I have to push the envelope a little. Walk before I can run, pay attention to my training and listen to my body.

Its a wonderful world out there and I choose to be in it. Play in it, walk in it, laugh in it, rejoice in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment