Thursday, October 14, 2010

BUILD YOUR SUPPORT NETWORK!

For four months I have been exercising, getting on the scale occassionally to see that I have not lost a pound. My trainer continues to tell me its not the weight to worry about right now, its the movement. The goal was to get moving. And I did. I feel lighter at times, but convince myself its all in my head. I realized I was not really following the recommendations of my nutritionist and it was time to get back on track. I also realized that I needed to find a mentor, a coach of some sort that could keep me motivated, offer advise, push me a little or alot as I went through this process. So I asked a member of the company I work for. She is an IRON MAN competitor, and was recently featured in an article in Canada about successful women entrepreneurs. I have always admired her, and new if she was willing that her support would be a well needed addition to my core support group. So I asked her. And she said yes. She lives in Canada, I live in the US, but we talk via email and will track the successes of our goals at conventions we both attend each year.

My first trip will be at the end of January where we both travel to Hawaii. What we do is simple. We email each other each day, our food and exercise diary. She helps me see areas that I need to change some habits. I haven't offered her much at this time, as she has it down pretty solid, but over the first three days what I have learned from her as been HUGE!

Truth is, I had not truly bought into the process. I am exercising, but I have been down right ignoring the eating. I didn't want to change the old ways. Looking at her meals for the day, I realized that while I am living to eat, she is eating to live. Her choices are better, healthier. She doesn't seem to be waiting for the next meal to come. And yet, she has a discipline, a routine in place where she knows what she is eating each and every day. Its imperative for her to have control over what she puts in her mouth. Its important because she has goals outside of food, yet affected by food. She wants to compete and win in IRON MAN. To do that she has to pay attention to her diet.

I want to lose weight, I have to begin to pay attention, I have to incorporate discipline into my eating schedule if I truly want to SUCCEED. As she put it to me yesterday: "Here is my non motivational quote: JUST DO IT!" There are many people in your life that you can look to for motivation, guidance and support. If you are looking for someone, pray about it. Ask God to bring the right people into your life. HE WILL and you will get the support you need to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment