Thursday, September 2, 2010

I am Worth My Weight In Gold, You are too!

This topic started so innocently for me. I have been on the journey to finding myself in my career, my relationships, my every day life of getting up in the morning and getting going. I am 50, overweight, (well actually I think they have coined the term "Obese", isn't that a lovely word?), I have had gastric bypass surgery, I have struggled with alcoholism and have been sober for 3 years now, and I am on a journey. One that I wouldn't quite call a yellow brick road, or a road paved of gold. At times the journey seems to be through quick sand and other times a walk in the park. The journey has held all the emotions imaginable from tears of joy, to buckets of sadness, and it has caused a loss of friends while also gained some new ones.

What has been amazing through it all has been my continued growth, my increased faith and reliance on God for most of the answers, and a path that I actually look forward to following.

I decided to begin writing my journey here, recording it so that I can look back on what I have learned, done, achieved, succeeded at and perhaps at times fallen short of. I am also writing this because I strongly believe that there are others out there who are experiencing the same fears, challenges and successes and we need to being to realize that we are WORTH OUR WEIGHT IN GOLD. So let's take the labels off, and let's begin inspiring ourselves and others to be WORTH OUR WEIGHT IN GOLD.

I hope to learn something from everyone I meet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment