Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Thing About Exercise...

I hired a personal trainer. I did it because I knew that I needed someone pushing me. It was really easy to say no to myself, but to tell someone else no, wasn't going to be easy. Linda, my personal trainer is an athlete. I think she probably has zero body fat, she has a degree in bio-mechanics (which basically means she knows what muscles do, what food does to your muscles, etc), and she is retired military. I like her because she is a hard working, dedicated trainer, who cares about me as a person. She knows my limits, when she can push me, when I need to refocus, get back on track. And she has a great sense of humor. She cares about me.

This past weekend, I went on vacation. I missed two training days. And I realized that exercise is going to have to be consistent and part of my every day life. While it would be nice to have a trainer every day to make me work out, sometimes, that just isn't going to be possible, and since I am taking my weight and my life into my own hands, then its up to me to incorporate exercise into my my weekly routine and it can't just be two days a week with my personal trainer. Somehow, I have to find a way to build it in to my own personal time.

I went back to working out tonight, and it was hard getting back into it. It was as if my muscles were failing me. I was tired, lethargic, unmotivated. Consistency, routine and discipline will ensure that I am successful. Exercise with or without a trainer has to be a requirement in my life now.

Becaus I am WORTH MY WEIGHT. And I don't settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment