Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things Change and Stay the Same

I began my training with a 30 minute session once a week. Within three weeks I realized I needed more. I increased it to 30 minutes 2X a week, and three weeks ago I added a Saturday group training session to the mix. Last week I contacted a Masters Swim Club to try and add that exercie to my weekly program. It's shocking to me considering I never really likes "REAL EXERCISE". I didn't like to sweat, didn't like the workout, but I think what really was going on was I was afraid, and I thought I could do it alone so I wouldn't have to deal with the thoughts and impressions of others.

Today, my trainer put me through an hour workout. And it was today that I realized even thought I have not lost weight, I feel thinner, more toned, more sure of my steps. My past is getting further away and my present is so much more closer to the surface. I am a woman who now believes that anything is possible. I am not stating that it can happen over night. I now know that anything worthwhile takes time, commitment and discipline. Time moves faster than we realize. Its how the weight came on, its how neglect takes over, and inspiration and motivation get lost.

But when we can be honest with ourselves, time can move the mountain. It can allow us to breathe, take the first step and not look back except to realize how far we have come.

Today I can walk up steps taking one step at a time.
Today my breathing is easier.
Today my sleep is more sound.
Today I have discipline in my life.
Today I am getting stronger.
Tomorrow there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment