Wednesday, September 8, 2010

4 months ago...

I couldn't walk up stairs normally. Four months ago, I could barely walk upstairs period. I could not walk for more than 10 minutes before giving up, I could not get out of chair without using my hands and arms to lift myself out of the chair. Four months ago I parked as close to the entrance as I could to anywhere I needed to go, I only went through drive through for goof because it was painful to get out of the car. Just four months ago, I didn't believe that it was possible to get better, strong, healthier or out of this predictament. I didn't think I could afford a trainer, or exercise and nutrition program, and yet I consistently went shopping for food I did not need, and clothes to hide my girth.

Today, I am stronger, and healthier. I am still heavy and I struggle in many different ways but I can get out of a chair, I can walk up a flight of stairs taking one step at a time (Yes, slowly) but I can do it. I don't have near as much back pain as I have had, my mood is better, and I can walk a mile, in fact, I can walk three!

Four months ago I hated exercise, sweat, discipline and being told what to do. Today, I am not necessarily a fan of an exercise regimin, but I do enjoy pushing myself to see how much more I can do. Its now a challenge for me. Sweating tells me I cam getting rid of the toxins in my body that zap my energy, and discipline makes it impossible for me to make excuses. Four Months, 120 days. Not much in the course of a lifetime. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment